Explore the Tantric vision of masculinity
Learn to develop a strong, harmonious masculine presence for spiritual practice
Experience deeper connection with other men
This men-only workshop is for those who are interested in developing the masculine characteristics necessary for the perfection of Tantric practice. It features theory, meditation, and practical exercises for the development of the masculine energy.
There are very few examples of strong yet harmonious masculinity in today’s society. In Tantric tradition, the term Vira, or hero, is used to describe the model male typology. It refers to the composite ideal of perfect masculine, which is manly, heroic, elevated and noble. With the aim of greater polarity and, at the same time, deeper spiritual connection between men and women, we teach men to hold this strong masculine presence with intelligence and compassion.
- The Yogic approach to masculinity via exploration of chakras
- The law of polarity and its application to the human psyche and relationships
- The esoteric understanding of male sexual energy; its sublimation and transmutation
- Elevated and noble aspects of the masculine
- An understanding of shakti nature and and the relevance of interaction with the shakti principle for the sake of evolution
- The importance of male bonding and friendship within community for the development of masculinity
The schedule will vary from day to day, and please expect to be engaged both early in the morning(s), and late evening(s). This is a full immersion retreat and participants should not schedule other things during these days.
Wish to go even deeper, Agama also offers the Agama Tantric Foundation Retreat- combining Agama’s two of cornerstone Tantra workshops with either Agama's transformational Complete Femininity (Women), or Vira Training (Men).
The counterpart of this course is the Complete Femininity Workshop.