Transform your lovemaking into a liberating spiritual experience
Explore the “life-embracing” approach of Tantric spirituality
Learn skills to develop deeper, longer orgasms
Tantra fundamentals invites you to explore the mystery of spiritual eroticism.
* Please note that in 2017, this course will be called Essence of Tantra
This 6-day course, open to both singles and couples, is for those who wish to explore Tantric spirituality and experience why Tantra is a unique “life-embracing” approach compared to more mainstream, ascetic and repressive spiritual traditions. Students will learn both theoretical and practical elements to understand how to use sexuality as a spiritual path, in adherence to the most ancient tradition of Tantra. The practices are supported with the use of Hatha Yoga.
This workshop offers:
- A background and definition of Tantra, its various paths and the key concepts necessary for a sound and safe practice, including:
- Polarity of energy
- the chakra system
- the kosha system
- A new understanding of pleasure and orgasm and tools to cultivate deeper and more refined orgasms for both men and women. Men will learn to differentiate orgasm from ejaculation while women will understand explosive vs implosive orgasms.
- A metaphysical understanding of the sexuality of the universe and its application to the core practice of transfiguration.
- Hatha Yoga classes specifically designed for tantric practice
The teachings in this course are presented in a way that preserves the traditional, authentic transmission while also taking into account our modern Western mindset and context. Pertinent information derived from Yoga, Taoism, Buddhism and modern science is included to reinforce the ageless and universal value of the tantric teachings.
The information is presented using diverse formats, making the workshop accessible to all types of learning abilities. A typical class includes lecture, practical exercises to exemplify the lecture, initiation (energy induction), and meditation. Multimedia resources, including movies, music and performances, are used when relevant. Participants will also receive printed material to support their learning.
This course is committed to the highest standards regarding language, communication, and interpersonal interactions. There are no explicit sexual presentations or nudity.
- It is not required to have a partner to take the workshops. And although the workshops generally have even numbers of men and women, if you come without a partner, Agama can not guarantee you will be provided one.
- Practical exercise vs. theory lecturing- The workshops generally offer 30-60 min of exercise per 3 hour session, with the remainder comprising of lecture on Tantric theory.
- Men need to come dressed in white for all, in-workshop rituals. Adequate notice will be given.
- Please bring a USB stick if you wish to receive any in-workshop music.
Note: It is ideal if students have white clothes to wear for the first evening
Acomodation: Finding Accommodation
Agama Tantra Workshops, Retreats and Instructor Training
Agama hosts several of its variety of Tantra workshops each year. This year’s workshops offer exceptional opportunities to study the traditions of Tantra, Yoga and spiritual eroticism in the lush, natural seaside setting of Thailand, as well as in other locations around the world.
“Tantra Essentials” covers the basic building blocks of Tantra and sexuality in a sacred context and is the minimum prerequisite for the Erotic Tantric Rituals workshop.
“Tantra Fundamentals” goes more in depth to Tantra and sacred sexuality: consecrated to theory, training, and practical issues for individuals, single or within a couple. The Tantra Fundamentals workshop also meets the prerequisite for Erotic Tantric Rituals (see below).
“Tantric Lovers” is tailored for couples (singles may attend) and introduces the aspects of spiritual relationships. Participants will rediscover what Love is and its profound transformative power to enliven the relationship.
“Erotic Tantric Rituals” follows with more in-depth treatment of subjects covering the place and importance of rituals in Tantra; Overcoming challenges and enhancing sexuality while preserving a safe environment. Participants must have attended Tantra Essentials, Fundamentals or the previous Agama Tantra 1 or 2 to participate in Erotic Tantric Rituals
“Agama Tantra Initiation” - 6 week retreat
“Agama Tantra Instructor Training”