Integrate Tantric sexual and spiritual practice into the deepest levels of your body and mind
Reveal your shadow, release repressed emotions, gain insight into ego-driven behaviors, and challenge sexual conditioning
Cultivate lasting transformation and refinement on the mental, emotional, energetic, and spiritual levels
Many traditional spiritual paths do not accept sexuality as a means for spiritual evolution and therefore preach sexual repression. However, many modern sexual teachings are limited to merely focusing on the aspects of pleasure and self-gratification. Tantra is unique in that it allows an individual on a spiritual path to harness energies -ojas- that are internal within us all, and direct them in the path toward self-realization.
The Agama Tantra Initiation (ATI) was created to provide an intensive program of personal transformation with a focus on sexuality as a tool for greater spiritual evolution. This six-week advanced Tantric retreat is a truly groundbreaking experience that combines the study of techniques and rituals in Yoga and Tantra with modern psychological tools and teachings to understand previously hidden aspects of the personality. The program aims to guide you in the integration of the principles of Tantra into deep levels of consciousness, resulting in dedicated, advanced practitioners and the union of sexuality and spiritual evolution.
The knowledge, experiences, and emotional and mental processes offered during the ATI will guide and support you in building an authentic Tantric life, with brahmacharya (sexual continence) as its foundation, sublimation as its stairway, and transfiguration as its kingdom.
In this program, you will spend six weeks exploring the deep tradition of Tantra under the direct guidance of course founders Swami Vivekananda Saraswati, Justine Baruch, and Muktananda.
While progressing through the ATI, you will gain a deeper understanding of the sacred Tantric Yoga system and how it can be applied in your daily life. The course will also prepare the ego for a lifetime of Tantric practice. This is accomplished through group work where participants reflect back your projected strengths and impurities.
Students will also learn to cultivate mental, emotional, energetic, and spiritual refinement, empowering each participant with a balanced and harmonious approach to living. These refinements will allow you to gain insight into internal barriers, repressed emotions, and ego-driven behaviors that we are all programmed with, ultimately achieving tools to overcome limitations and feel a true sense of freedom.
During the 6 week retreat, you will receive:
- Study and physical practice of sacred sexual techniques from authentic Tantric texts
- Synchronized lovemaking rituals, held in high consciousness by peers and teachers
- Advanced knowledge of the sexuality, psychology, and energies of the chakra system
- Sublimation techniques of -ojas- up and through the complete chakra system
- How to practice detachment -aparigraha- from sexual urges and cravings
- Techniques and practices in lovemaking rituals
- Techniques and practices in alternating intervals of celibacy and lovemaking
- Techniques and practices in Tantric meditations and energy circuits
- Recognizing, harmonizing, and coping with emotional and mental dispositions
- Recognizing, harmonizing, and coping with masks, defenses, projections
- Building comfortable levels of oneness and power within a group setting
Friendships that are forged while progressing through the ATI are deep and often last lifetimes. As we build this intimate sense of family and community during our 6 weeks together, we come to the beautiful realization that we are all reflections of each other.
Watch as ATI co-creator Justine breaks down the entire experience.
- In order to Participate in the Agama Tantra Initiation, you must:
- Sign up for the program with your partner, or
- Have a partner that you can practice with on a daily basis for the entire duration of the program.
- The ATI is a FULL TIME program. We require that participants clear their schedule as they will not be able to complete any outside work or attend any other classes for the duration of the program. Additionally, during weeks 3 and 4, participants are not allowed to have contact with anyone outside of the ATI and must live alone, refrain from any work, and give up all communication devices, including cellphones and computers.
- Week 6 is an integration and support period. The group will meet twice that week rather than every day.
Please note that the ATI is not a certified teacher training program. Only Agama Tantra Initiates (graduates of the ATI) will be accepted into the Agama Tantra Instructor Training (ATIT) program.
See our Agama Affiliates page for exclusive package discounts through lodging.
Application- How to apply for the ATI
1st Round Application Review: 1st March, 2017.
As only a few spots remain, and every ATI sells out, Agama highly recommends application submission well in advance of the1st Round Application Review.
An application form and a Skype interview are required in the ATI application process. All applications submitted before the 1st Round Application Review will be reviewed at the same time, and the strongest applicants will be selected for the ATI. Note that admission to the ATI is selective and NOT on a first-come-first-served basis. All students who apply before the deadline will receive an answer 7-8 weeks before the course starts.
Prospective participants may also apply after 1st Round Application Review. However, please note that the ATI has limited capacity - only 12 participants are accepted - so we encourage you to apply before then to be in the first screening process. Applicants applying after that date will get an answer as soon as possible.
*Upon acceptance, you will be gradually emailed several preparatory assignments that must be completed ahead of the program state date. Make sure you anticipate setting aside time for this.
- Please read our Registration Policies for more information about the tuition, deposit, and payment deadlines.
- Read the Terms and Conditions page on our website before applying.
- Participants must be able to read, speak, and comprehend English with a satisfactory degree of fluency.
To apply to the ATI, complete and email us the Application for Admission form and pay the deposit to Agama, which can be submitted through our website. Applications submitted without deposits will not be considered.
Our TTC Registration Officer will send a confirmation receipt acknowledging the application submission.
Agama Tantra Instructor Training
How to become an Agama Tantra Instructor
For those who have accepted teaching as their path, eventually the initiated must become the initiator. An Agama Tantra Instructor has experienced the levels of higher awareness attained through an intensive spiritual practice. An Agama Tantra Instructor has studied the mysteries of the Tantric tradition and knows the elements of the practice and philosophy intimately. An Agama Tantra Instructor has first-hand, repeated experience of the Tantric sexual ecstasy into which his or her students are guided.
Agama Tantra Instructors undergo perhaps the most intensive and rigorous training of any Tantra training program since the ancient Tantric schools of India more than 1,000 years ago. Agama Tantra Instructors aspire to be the best modern Tantra Instructors of a true Tantric tradition.
Certified and empowered Agama Tantra Instructors will have proven themselves capable of delivering the Tantric tradition to their students at the highest levels of proficiency and understanding.
Only the best will persevere on the path, graduate, and receive empowerment. Their reputation will precede them in the world of Tantra.
Once you have completed the ATI and the additional course pre-requisites, you may apply to our Agama Tantra Instructor Training (ATIT) to become an Agama Tantra Instructor.
We offer our ATIT only every few years, if you are interested in knowing when the next one will take place please email us at email@example.com.