The course will cover a vast number of inter-related topics: some elements are very specific to sacred dance traditions and techniques and others fall within the broad category of Shakti / women’s self-discovery and teaching methodology.
Dance and movement exploration topics include:
- Ritual belly dance
- Goddess Invocation Dance
- >Sufi whirling
- Chakra and Five Elements Dance
- Trance and blessing dance
- Archetypes in dance
- Polarity dance (Shiva/Shakti exploration)
- Guided and free dance journeys
Some specific subtopics include sacred shapes and energy activation through movement, dancing with props including veils, candles and dakini nails, modern and classical temple dance, use of mudras and symbols, dancing through the senses, shamanism and dance, igniting and subliming the creative energy through dance, and much more!
The course is designed for all women who like to move – no previous formal dance training is required although it is always helpful for teaching. Women with no experience finish with a fantastic foundation on which to continue their dance exploration, and both newcomers and more advanced dancers alike leave with a broader and deeper understanding of the complex facets of dance as a mystical art form.
"Dance until you shatter yourself." ~ Rumi
Mystical and self-discovery topics include:
- Power of ritual and synchronizing with astrological moments
- Feminine archetypes
- Presence and surrender
- Mystical beauty
- Meditation and visualization techniques
- Journal writing and sacred photography
- Techniques for igniting and subliming the sexual energy, including the secrets of jade egg practices
- Sharing circles
- Balancing yin and yang energies
- Women’s cycles and general health
“ And the day came where the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
Teacher training methodology topics include:
- >How to plan and structure classes and workshops
- Compassionately “holding space” for participants
- Icebreakers, energy practices, meditations, and exercises
- Levels of mastery and continuing education
- Teaching ethics
- Introduction to marketing and public relations
There will be a few formal performance opportunities as part of the training which is a highlight of the Shakti Spirit® transformational process. We will also hold pre-announced rituals and ceremonies, sometimes just with our group, and sometimes inviting the Agama community. There will be some ceremonies with an invited group of men from the Agama community.