Should an individual choose to go deeper and move past the first two sashes of Agama’s Hatha Yoga system, they will encounter a sacred system of teaching and support that explores the mystical roots and nuances of Yoga’s foundation.
The upper levels are divided into four components:
- Levels 9-14 mark the end of the Hatha Yoga program and lead to the yellow sash;
- Levels 15-24 comprise Agama’s advanced Kundalini program, culminating in a green sash;
- the Chakra Tapas follows with concentrated studies on each energy center;
- and finally the exploration of Supramental Consciousness represents the capstone of the entire program.
Many of these initiations have never before been given to Westerners and therefore require special levels of commitment. This curriculum unfolds within a supportive relationship with teachers who teach from experience and, given dedicated practice, it guides serious students to supreme levels of spiritual evolution.
Upon completion of each of these programs, you will graduate through Agama’s sash system, signifying tremendous achievements in Yogic practice and study.
Learn more about Agama’s Sash system here.
Important Note About Contingent Levels (marked with an asterisk (*) on the calendar)
Levels marked with an asterisk (*) on the calendar will only be offered if 5 students have registered and paid 1 month before the cycle starts. Registered students will be notified of course status 3 weeks before start date. If the course does not open, students who have already paid will be refunded. For questions, contact email@example.com.
By the end of Level 14, you will be fully immersed into the history and basics of Hatha Yoga, including:
- Full initiation in the techniques of Hatha Yoga (asanas, pranayama, mudras, etc.)
- The study of the Yogic system of purification and healing (Shat Karma Kriya)
- Exploration of other traditional branches of Yoga, such as Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Laya Yoga, and Bhakti Yoga
- The original use of mantra and yantra
- Transmutation and sublimation of the sexual energy, and the principles of authentic Tantra
- Nidra Yoga, conscious dreaming, and astral projection
- The colored subtle streams of energy and their applications, including the study and subtle perception of the aura
- The Tantric system of meditation, and the first initiations in the Ten Great Cosmic Powers (Dasha Mahavidya). The Mahavidya Yoga continues through the first three programs.
- Practical study of the classical texts of Yoga (Yoga Sutras, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika) and Eastern philosophy.
By the end of Level 24, you will have completed Agama’s Kundalini Yoga program, a 10-month period that focuses on the awakening of Kundalini Shakti. Topics include:
- In-depth practice of Kundalini Yoga (the arousing of Kundalini Shakti, advanced mudras, bandhas, and kriyas)
- Raja Yoga, mental concentration, paranormal powers in Yoga, the arousing and use of healing magnetism, hypnotism, self-suggestion, telepathy, psychic self-defense, and the subtle perception of previous lives
- Astrology in connection with Yoga
- Kaula Tantra techniques and other Tantric applications
After completing Agama’s Kundalini program, the third component of the upper-level program is a unique and powerful 16-month discipline (tapas) for all seven chakras, exploring their levels of consciousness. It emphasizes practice and includes:
- In-depth study of each of the chakras and their awakening, mainly through Laya Yoga.
- These practices are given under the direct guidance of Swami Vivekananda Saraswati.
The final program focuses on the highest Tantra Yoga techniques for reaching states of supramental consciousness and arousing the crown chakra (sahasrara). These teachings include:
- Kashmir Shaivism (Trika) lineages of Pratyabhijna, Spanda, Krama and Kaula; methods for the revelation of the Supreme Self (Atman), and techniques for reaching supramental consciousness (samadhi)
- The nature of the five elements (tattvas) and Svara Yoga
- Initiation in techniques for contacting the various classes of angels and other subtle entities
- Initiation in the Tibetan techniques of Pho-va (transfer of consciousness), Kalachakra, and the Tibetan system of meditation
Please see our Agama Affiliates page for exclusive package discounts through lodging.