The Two Sash Yoga intensive is a package which includes Yoga course levels 2-8, finishing with the Orange Sash exam.
The student must register attendance at the registration office before each course level. Only 1 level per month can be attended and the levels can be taken at any time.
The Agama course curriculum is divided into four blocks of study, or programs:
The first 14-month Yoga program introduces the history and basics of Yoga in its many forms in a very inspiring and empowering way. It gives all the details for efficient practice of the techniques as well as complete theory. The topics include:
- Full initiation in the techniques of Hatha Yoga (asanas, pranayama, mudras, etc.)
- The study of the yogic system of purification and healing (Shat Karma Kriya)
- Exploration of other traditional branches of Yoga, such as Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga, and Bhakti Yoga
- The original use of mantra and yantra
- Transmutation and sublimation of the sexual energy, and the principles of erotic Tantra
- Nidra Yoga, conscious dreaming, and astral projection
- The colored subtle streams of energy and their applications, including the study and subtle perception of the aura
- The tantric system of meditation, and the first initiations in the Ten Great Cosmic Powers (Dasha Mahavidya). The Mahavidya Yoga continues through the first three programs.
- Practical study of the classical texts of Yoga (Yoga Sutra, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika) and Eastern philosophy.
The second phase is the Kundalini Yoga program, a 10-month period that focuses on the awakening of Kundalini Shakti. Topics include:
- In-depth practice of Kundalini Yoga (the arousing of Kundalini Shakti, advanced mudras, bandhas, and kriyas)
- Raja Yoga, mental concentration, paranormal powers in Yoga, the arousing and use of healing magnetism, hypnotism, self-suggestion, and telepathy, psychic self-defense, and the subtle perception of previous lives
- Astrology in connection with Yoga
- Kaula Tantra techniques, and other tantric applications
The third program is the unique and powerful 16-month discipline (tapas) for all seven chakras, exploring their levels of consciousness. It emphasizes practice and includes:
- In-depth study of the chakras, and their awakening mainly through Laya Yoga
The final program focuses on the highest Tantra Yoga techniques for reaching states of supramental consciousness and arousing the crown chakra (sahasrara). These teachings include:
- Kashmir Shaivism (Trika) lineages of Pratyabhijna, Spanda, Krama and Kaula; methods for the revelation of the Supreme Self (Atman), and techniques for reaching supramental consciousness (samadhi)
- The nature of the five elements (tattvas) and Svara Yoga
- Initiation in techniques for contacting the various classes of angels and other subtle entities
- Initiation in the Tibetan techniques of Pho-va (transfer of consciousness), Kalachakra, and the Tibetan system of meditation
Many of these initiations have never before been given to Westerners, and therefore require special levels of commitment. This curriculum unfolds within a supportive relationship with teachers who teach from experience and, given dedicated practice, it guides serious students to supreme levels of spiritual evolution.