Agama’s Red Sash Retreat is a three-month journey that ascends you through the first three levels of Agama, empowering you with basic, core fundamentals of the authentic Hatha Yoga system.
The retreat begins with Agama’s Level One Yoga intensive, Agama’s cornerstone course, providing a broad introduction into Hatha Yoga and its various components.
In level(s) 2 and 3, you will continue your studies into specific Yogic methods, which include the in-depth examination of asanas, kriyas, pranayama, meditation, trataka, karma, and Yogic philosophy.
Upon completion of this intensive, three-month program, you will graduate with Agama’s first sash, the Red Sash, signifying a tremendous achievement in Yogic practice and study.
Learn more about Agama’s Sash system here.
The Level 1 Yoga Intensive includes:
- Two practices and lectures a day, six days a week
- An introduction to different forms of Yoga, including Hatha Yoga, Nidra Yoga, Karma Yoga, Kundalini Yoga
- Instruction in 20 asanas, including physical performance and energetic/healing effects
- An in-depth description of the complete chakra system and its relationship to asana practice
- Pranayama, meditation and mantra techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of Yogic philosophy, including yamas and niyamas
- An overview of Yogic diets, including Ayurveda and macrobiotics
- Powerful kriya techniques – traditional Yogic methods for purifying and cleansing the body
- Enhanced the power of the mind through concentration and visualization techniques
- Initiation by an advanced teacher to unlock the power of mantra in prana ucchara
- Instruction and practice in lucid dreaming
- An introduction to Tantric sexuality
Learn more about Agama’s Level 1 Yoga Intensive Here.
Levels 2&3 include:
- Instruction in specialized Yoga techniques, including: amaroli, nauli kriya, agnisara dhauti, and trataka
- 9 new asanas
- Introduction to Laya Yoga
- The Yoga of Sight
- The laws of the mind and the power of suggestion
- Introduction to Shambala
- Special pranayama and meditation techniques
- Additional concepts in Yogic philosophy and Ayurveda
- Access to Agama's Vira and Shakti groups, special community events, and weekly Q&A sessions
The Agama Red Sash Retreat is a three month program. The three levels are designed to be taken sequentially, and are not permitted to be taken simultaneously.
Please note that Agama does not offer an "upgrade" service, once a student has enrolled in Agama's Level 1 Yoga Intensive Course. Should a student wish to participate in Agama's Red Sash Retreat, this product must be purchased at the time of starting the Level 1 program.
Please see our Agama Affiliates page for exclusive package discounts through lodging.