Participate in the authentic roots of Yoga
Gain comprehensive knowledge of asanas, pranayama, meditation and Yogic philosophy
Cultivate energetic clarity, personal refinement, and a balanced approach to living
Agama’s Level 1 Yoga Intensive is a month-long retreat that combines the theory and practice of authentic Hatha Yoga.
Going far beyond the mere instruction on physical postures -asanas-, the course will guide you through: the activation of energy centers -chakras- within your body, the incorporation of breathing -pranayama- techniques, the practice of meditation, and an immersion into the complete Yogic philosophy.
The practice and knowledge given in the course will allow you to gain a deeper understanding of yourself, strengthen your physical body, improve your willpower and self-confidence, create healthy new habits, and find emotional balance and inner harmony.
During the 4 week retreat, you will receive:
- An introduction to different forms of Yoga, including nidra, karma, kundalini
- Instruction in 20 asanas, including physical performance and energetic/healing effects
- An in-depth description of the complete chakra system’s relationship to asana practice
- Pranayama, meditation and mantra techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge on Yogic philosophy, including yamas and niyamas
- An overview of Yogic diets, including Ayurveda and macrobiotics
- Powerful kriya techniques – traditional Yogic methods for purifying and cleansing the body
- Enhanced the power of the mind through concentration and visualization techniques
- Initiation by an advanced teacher to unlock the power of mantra in prana ucchara
- Instruction and practice in lucid dreaming
- An introduction to Tantric Yoga concepts
The course is designed for everyone regardless of age, physical ability, or previous experience with Yoga. The pace of the course allows those new to Yoga to easily follow the teachings, while students who already have a Yoga practice will find ample opportunities to deepen their understanding.
Benefits of the Agama Yoga practice:
- Improve your physical and emotional health
- Gain more energy and vitality
- Enhance mental clarity and focus
- Increase willpower and self-confidence
- Develop a new awareness of your patterns and habits
- Learn the ability to perceive and direct energy
- Inspiration and methods to achieve your goals and transform your life
Level 1 runs year-round and includes 2, two-hour Hatha Yoga classes per day and one evening lecture, six days per week.
Daily Level 1 Yoga Intensive schedule. Monday - Saturday:
08.30-10.30: Morning lecture (asana of the day), Q&A and Yoga practice
16.00-18.00: Sun salutations and asana practice
18.15-20.00: Lecture and Q&A
*Other special events are announced separately, and follow the course in the evening.
You may join our course at any time during the month, for as long as you like: a day, a week, two weeks, or an entire month. Classes are taught in English. The first class is always free and you can always repeat any class for free. After the first day, additional drop-in days (including two yoga classes and evening lecture) are only 600 Baht. Students who complete the entire program will receive a certificate and be eligible to advance to the next level.
Drop-in classes are available everyday and the first day is always free!
Our students may attend free events open to the entire community such as: daily morning meditations, weekly satsangs, group meditations, and bhajans. Students also have access to our spiritual library.
Please see our Agama Affiliates page for exclusive package discounts through lodging.
Agama 200-Hour Teacher Training Course
Once a student has registered for the Agama Level 1 course, he or she is eligible to upgrade to a 200-hour Yoga Alliance-registered teaching certificate course (YTTC).
Individuals who choose to enroll in the Agama 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTTC) will complete the standard, 4 week Level 1 course, plus receive one additional week of teaching-intensive instruction.
Attention Individuals Who Have Completed the Hridaya Module 1 in Mexico.
Tel: 66 892 330 217
We look forward to hearing from you!